Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Having software problems with my gpu.  (Read 7003 times)

Niksonrex

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Having software problems with my gpu.
    « on: August 19, 2018, 09:09:27 PM »
    After buying a new gpu a GT 730 1GB Gddr5 OC i got this weird thing where my screen goes black for about 2-3 seconds and then comes back without any errors or anything. Just usually the game im playing crashes. I then put back my old gpu and the problem was nowhere to be seen. I say alright maybe its a bad gpu. I go to the store i bought it and tell them whats up. A week later the gpu comes out as absolutely fine out of the shop back to me. They checked it at max load and had no issues. Which pretty much points out that there is something with my cpu. I have a 400W psu so thought it might be that but then i unplugged all my optical drives (i had 2) and took out some pci card and pretty much freed up alot more power if that was the problem and it still happens. When i lower my cpu overclock it also doesnt change at all. Lowering the gpu factory overclock also does nothing. I tried 2 sets of drivers and nothing. I have all the latest drivers for every component in my pc. I updated with driver easy pro so yeah.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Having software problems with my gpu.
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 02:12:07 PM »
    If it's a budget PSU "freeing up" power ain't gonna do nothing...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "