Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound Issues  (Read 1985 times)

Eyedentity

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Sound Issues
    « on: September 02, 2018, 02:14:36 AM »
    Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to you guys for some help. I'm mostly capable of solving computer problems myself, or at least find the answer online, but the following I can't seem to resolve.

I have a Razer Kraken headset which works via USB connection. I regularly switch my audio from speakers to my headset and vica versa. Since a couple of months, when I switch from speakers to headset, my sound is WAY overpowered, which is resolved by just restarting the program/website that is using the audio. I doesn't make sense and it's starting to really bug me.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Sound Issues
    « Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »
    without knowing what you have already tried, audio drivers would be the first point of attack.
    what is your OS?

did the Krakens come with their own software?

any cause and effect that happened 2 months ago; new hardware, new software, Win Updates?
    have they done this from the get-go?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 03:42:15 PM »
    He said Windows 10. Maybe an update altered the sound controls.
    Razer Kraken  makes high performance headsets and thet have support on the web site. And a forum for users.
    https://insider.razer.com/index.php
    They just might know about this already.

Also, check this out:
    http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3112576/razer-kraken-usb-headset-working-suddenly.html
    The above does not have a good answer, but has many links to similar things.  :)

Eyedentity

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 04:20:26 AM »
      Thanks for the replies.

I'm indeed using a Windows 10 version, but this has remained unchanged for the past couple of months. I haven't found the issue in the links you provided, I'm leaning towards faulty hardware.

I tried changing from USB 3.0 to 2.0 and vica versa. I updated to newer drivers (although this problem would be more common with faulty drivers, including windows updates). I've tried changing settings, changing allowed access of applications to modify the volume and so on.

It acts like it keeps the same throughput as it does with speakers, and only changes when restarting the program/website which uses the audio. Very weird.