Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Best Free Office Suites Now.  (Read 2042 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Best Free Office Suites Now.
« on: September 02, 2018, 11:54:29 AM »
Yeah, you already know there are free office suites.
But how many can you name? How many have your tried?
OK. But take another look. Some stuff is new.

Here is a link to a list of short rewires on 8 different ways to get free Office software.
The best free office software 2018
Count them. There eight of them. All good.
Which have you tried?  :D

Salmon Trout

Re: Best Free Office Suites Now.
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »
I have Libre Office on my Linux machines and it's pretty useful, and I can use it on MS Office files and vice versa.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 01:06:35 PM »
I've been using WPS Office for over a year - maybe over two years by now - on two PC's.   I can save in the Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint file formats.  They seem to have become a bit more annoying with ads since I first started using it.  But, of course, we should expect some ads when using freeware. 

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 01:11:17 PM »
I can use Libre Office on my Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and save .xslx files for Excel. It is in a VESA mount case on the back of a monitor. Could make a cheap workstation for data entry instead of the Lenovo "tiny PCs" they have provided at work which cost 20 times as much. Yes, I know about corporate security, etc, but still...

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 01:29:23 PM »
From the link:

There are versions of WPS Office Free for Windows and Linux systems, as well as apps for Android devices

I do not have WPS Office on my Android phone or tablet.  Rather, on them, I have the free version of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint provided by Microsoft.  And, by using Microsoft OneDrive, I can access files from any device with a WPS Office compatible OS.

Mark.

Adviser
  • Forum Regular
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 03:10:32 PM »
every few years I dabble with FreeOffice or LibreOffice or whatever is the latest clone, but always end up coming back to MS Office.
I simply do too much 'in-depth' work in Excel which no other product has come close to equalling.
I've stayed on Office 2013 but have occasionally used the free MS Office Online Suite which seems to be good from the little uses I've given it.
you just need a MS account to log in and use it.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 03:31:17 PM »
At work we use Office 2016 and also all staff can use an offer to get an Office 2013 licence and install disk, for their own use, for 9.99 UK pounds, that's 13 US dollars more or less.