Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Norton Virus Software  (Read 5363 times)

beebee

Norton Virus Software
« on: August 05, 2004, 10:59:58 AM »
Hello, Can someone please help. Question is I have two home computers. I need to put 2004 Norton on both computers. Can I buy one Norton Internet security 2004 and put it on both computers. And If subcription is going to expire next month does Symantec stop your virus updates a month before ? cannot use update at all on one computer. Please help. ???
« Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 11:02:56 AM by beebee »

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Norton Virus Software
    « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 02:17:19 PM »
     beebee......First .....I believe Norton only allows you to install NAV 2004 on one machine....however check the license to be sure.....Now that they are using the activation system ( this is to discourage buying one program and then loading it on several machines ) Did you activate the program when you loaded it on the second machine......Because if its not activated I dont believe you can get the updates......and in answer to your second query.......you should be able to receive updates right up until your subscription expires ...given you have activated it . You will receive messages remindinding you that your subscription will expire in so many days.
    Hope this answers your questions......You can call Norton toll free and get further info.
    Cheers
    dl65  ???
    « Last Edit: August 05, 2004, 02:17:55 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

merlin_2

Re: Norton Virus Software
    « Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 05:56:48 PM »
    Dont use the disk hogger nav try another many out there who do a better job...norton is brilliant for speed disk win doctor and ghost but thats it m$oft has clung to norton  for years ?