Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PCI Bus Error  (Read 2014 times)

drpeppercan

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Experienced
    PCI Bus Error
    « on: September 10, 2018, 07:40:32 AM »
    Hi all,

I was hoping this screenshot will tell you what the problem could be.

I don't know if it is related, but just before that happened, I used this shortcut: Alt + R arrow.
    Also, when I use Alt + L arrow in a web browser, instead of bringing me back to the previous page, it would lock my Ubuntu account. I reset all my keyboard shortcuts, and it would still do it.

Thanks guys!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PCI Bus Error
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 08:52:51 AM »
    Remove all cards from the PCI Express slots except for video card does it still happen. If the only thing plugged into PCI Express is the video card then if you have integrated video as an option remove the video card and try running on integrated to see if problem goes away. Or if it lacks integrated video, try a different video card with all other PCI Express cards removed to see if you can get to a healthy state.

*Note: I had a video card die once that acted like this due to the memory on the video card failing from overheating. My system would run fine until the card heated up and then crash BSOD and then reboot and then same blat about PCI Express device address failure. Swapped out the video card and all was better.

Other possibility could be the power supply making video card malfunction if not rated high enough or its weak which could have enough power to boot and run and crash and complain. However most power supply issues are a black screen with fans running or system completely dead.