Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I have problem and need help  (Read 3843 times)

olyly94

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I have problem and need help
    « on: September 18, 2018, 09:59:24 PM »
    Hello everyone

I'm an ordinary guy but I need to know what's wrong with my windows 7 laptop. I've been having problems with the intel My Wifi technology with this computer for many years now. I have to manually activate intel My Wifi whenever I turn the computer on. It's been no problem to me, I got used to it.

Recently, windows wireless service has been shutting off after like 10 minutes of using the laptop for internet browsing. I've been able to turn it back on using the troubleshoot feature. However, I have to do this every time I use my laptop. It's annoying and a waste of time. I'm considering buying a new laptop.

Why is windows wireless service always shutting off after I begin using the laptop? Is there a solution to this? I don't want it to keep turning off once I begin browsing.

-Thanks for your time!

Mark.

Adviser
    • Forum Regular
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: I have problem and need help
    « Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 06:13:31 AM »
    could it be as simple as a power saving option?
    go to Control Panel, Power Options, and change it to High Performance.
    then click Change plan settings, then Change advanced power settings, check your Wireless Adapter Settings are set to Max Performance.
    and under USB settings, Disable all suspend settings.
    also go into Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapaters and for all your adpaters go into their Properties and on the Power Management tab, untick Allow the computer to turn this device off.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: I have problem and need help
    « Reply #2 on: September 20, 2018, 02:42:22 PM »
    The Intel My Wifi Technology is a program to allow peer-to-peer connectivity (i.e. two laptops without a router to connect to each other to share items). It also allows you to connect to HDTV's via Intel Wireless Displays. So if you don't need this feature you can remove the program in add remove programs. There has been windows updates since 2014 which have upset how this software works and caused problems with Wifi connections. Also check you have up to date drivers for your wireless adapter.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005738/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan