Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Miracast not allowing me to connect to XiaoMi TV  (Read 2495 times)

MediumBlock

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Miracast not allowing me to connect to XiaoMi TV
    « on: September 22, 2018, 08:03:57 AM »
    I have been searching long and hard for a solution to this problem as I previously used Miracast on almost a daily basis to mirror my screen from my laptop to my PC.

I had a very old laptop that was able to connect to my TV with very little problems, I recently decided to buy a xiaomi gaming laptop, however to my dismay when I try to connect to my XiaoMi TV with miracast it will say it is connected and the screen on my TV will turn black as if it was about to mirror my pc screen but then just suddenly disconnects with no video or audio being displayed.

I have been googling for the past few days for potential solutions but as of now I cannot find any which is why I am turning to making a thread.

my logic is that if my 5 year old laptop running windows 10 can connect to my TV, surely my new laptop can too?