Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC crashes while gaming  (Read 48198 times)

sumnoon

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    PC crashes while gaming
    « on: September 23, 2018, 05:01:20 AM »
    Guys Pls Help.......
    When I tried to play any game today, after starting monitor showed coloured display and hangs. Its followed by a "RRRRRR" sound through the headphones
    Then I had to stop ups and then I started pc again and the monitor blinks for sometimes from HDMI to Analogue. Than it starts normally after some trying of starting and closing the pc again and again. But if I tried to play any game it shows the same problem. It does not show any problem when I am not playing any games. My confuration
    Intel core i5 4440
    Gigabyte B885 mobo
    GPU : AMD Radeon R9 280
    Driver is latest
    Windows 10

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PC crashes while gaming
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 01:00:42 PM »
    Run MEMTEST86 on it for about 3 or 4 full tests and make sure the RAM is healthy.. You could have a memory address that isn't reached when taking it easy on it but the games that need the memory land on that bad address and then it locks up and RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Other thing to check would be hard drive or SSD health by running CrystalDiskInfo and make sure its Green Good and not Yellow with a Warning of an ill drive. *Virtual Memory if there is an issue with Read/Write of this to System RAM, it can act like a RAM issue and RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and other types of crashing as well. Note: MEMTEST86 tests just the RAM and not the hard drive. CrystalDiskInfo reads the drive health S.M.A.R.T data off the drives installed.

Sash12

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 12:25:14 PM »
      Sounds like CPU problem. Try to monitor CPU temps or reapply thermal paste, lean off any built-up dust. good luck!

walton19

Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 02:20:58 AM »
        When I am playing games I see blue color screen with horizontal lines. The image disappears but I can move the mouse. No other keys work at that time.

I am using Wndows 10 OS.

walton19

Starter

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 05:35:41 AM »
          Guys Pls Help.......
          When I tried to play any game today, after starting monitor showed coloured display and hangs. Its followed by a "RRRRRR" sound through the headphones
          Then I had to stop ups and then I started pc again and the monitor blinks for sometimes from HDMI to Analogue. Than it starts normally after some trying of starting and closing the pc again and again. But if I tried to play any mywalmart game it shows the same problem. It does not show any problem when I am not playing any games. My confuration
          Intel core i5 4440
          Gigabyte B885 mobo
          GPU : AMD Radeon R9 280
          Driver is latest
          Windows 10
          I am using laptop with configuration intel core i7, nvidia geforce and the latest drivers

rpuig08

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 04:51:25 AM »
            The game is sluggish and sometimes I see blue screen while playing Fifa 19 game. I have updated the drivers and using high end configured PC. Any solution for this?

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 04:22:24 PM »
            It looks like a Motherboard issue.

Thats a pretty broad assumption...
            " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Lisa_maree

Mentor
            • My first real computer
              • Yes
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 04:41:08 PM »
            The game is sluggish and sometimes I see blue screen while playing Fifa 19 game. I have updated the drivers and using high end configured PC. Any solution for this?

You would be better starting your own post not tacking onto one from last year.  :)

I would try Ctrl alt delete select task manager, select  more info  and see what is running and how much free space etc. As a basic rule every thing should be about 1/2 maximum so say your disk is at 100% then this is somewhere to look. There is lots of windows performance information in there. You could post some screen shots if you want.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
            ― John Bunyan