Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DNS server isn't responding  (Read 3053 times)

Saajuk

DNS server isn't responding
« on: October 03, 2018, 08:45:29 AM »
I use chrome and recently ive been having to clear my browsing data to fix the issue (see attached images). When the problem happens my internet just turns off and for some reason clearing my browsing history just fixes that? How does that work? and why do I gatta do it every week. >:(

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: DNS server isn't responding
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 10:15:50 AM »
So this only happens every 7 days?

Is this your internet connection or are you connecting to someone elses?

There is a hotel chain that issues free internet in 7-day blocks to which you need to revisit their home page and request another 7 days of free lower speed internet with option to paying for faster bandwidth, which comes to mind. As I have run into the 7 day lease connecting to hotel networks. So this has me thinking that maybe your connected to someone elses network that gives out 7-day leases on internet.

Saajuk

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 02:30:29 PM »
So this only happens every 7 days?

Is this your internet connection or are you connecting to someone elses?

There is a hotel chain that issues free internet in 7-day blocks to which you need to revisit their home page and request another 7 days of free lower speed internet with option to paying for faster bandwidth, which comes to mind. As I have run into the 7 day lease connecting to hotel networks. So this has me thinking that maybe your connected to someone elses network that gives out 7-day leases on internet.

na this is my home internet and its not 7 days exactly is roughly 7 days with normal usage. The issue has only been happening for the past month.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 06:14:59 PM »
Any other computers experiencing this or just this one?

Saajuk

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 08:22:00 AM »
Any other computers experiencing this or just this one?

The last time I used my laptop was early last month for about a week while I was repairing my desktop. Did not have any issues. Also used chrome.

EDIT: Im using uBlock Origin extension, maybe that is causing the issue? Been using it for a while tho with no problems until recently.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 08:48:35 AM by Saajuk »