Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: fps drops in some games, complete freeze and forced hard reset in other games  (Read 8961 times)

throwaway1058

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Hey there!
    I have been having a very strange problem with my pc lately. All was fine until a few weeks ago, when suddenly, older games (e.g. Hitman Absolution) had severe fps drop spikes and more modern and demanding games (e.g. MGSV) caused my pc to freeze after about ~1-2 minutes of playtime, sometimes so badly, i had to disconnect my pc from the current. I don't know if it's important, but my screen doesn't just go black or white, sometimes it goes blue, red, green, etc. Now, i thought that this might be a software-related problem, and so i did a complete reinstall of my OS, but that didn't work. After that, i moved my game directories to a external ssd, went to tech support who checked the hardware and ran several stress tests, all of which were perfectly fine, but up until now, nothing has worked to resolve this issue. Here are my specs:

Intel i7-6700 3.40 GHz
    32 gb RAM
    Windows 10 64-bit
    nVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti

i'd appreciate any kind of help, i've never seen anything like this before and i have no idea what to do now.

Andrewgupta

• Experience: Beginner
      That is what happening to me also at this moment. Did you solved it yet if yes then please let me know

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      If you want assistance, I suggest you start your own thread.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      This CH article may be of interest:
      Is there a way to tell how hot my CPU is running?
      One of the recommendations is Speed Fan.
      It is a program to find temperatures in your system.
      http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
      SpeedFan lets you take a deeper view at the status of your computer. Almost every computer includes support for hardware monitoring. Accessing digital temperature sensors is really useful. If you are trying to figure out why your PC hangs when under heavy load or after some hours of usage, SpeedFan might help you find the real cause.