Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Print my document in Helvetica 9.5 WITHOUT re-formatting  (Read 2576 times)

TimeToWakeUp

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Print my document in Helvetica 9.5 WITHOUT re-formatting
    « on: October 10, 2018, 11:17:50 AM »
    I desperately need to replicate an already printed document in EXACTLY the same font style and size it was printed in.

I scanned and then saved this document as a PDF and then opened it in a program I found recommended for analyzing font and font size in a given selection of text called PDF-XChange Viewer in order to analyze a sample of the text for text properties. It allows one to select the text to be analyzed with the text selecting tool (Tools, Basic Tools, Select Tool), then you right click the selection, then click on "Text Properties..." and then choose "Formatting" in the left side pane.

PDF-XChange Viewer program says the font is Helvetica which seems to be accurate but, oddly, the program has determined that every other word of my selected text is alternatively 9 or 9.5 size font. Can anyone please explain that to me? To my eye, the text is uniform and not of different sizes. Why would PDF-XChange Viewer read alternate words as 2 different font sizes?

After making several necessary adjustments to the content of the document, I saved it as an RTF in Word but I have the latest version of Windows 10 on my laptop and the version of Word which came bundled with it does not offer any of the incremental font sizes available - only the integers: 8, 9, 10, 11 for example.

I then tried printing it in font size 9 and it seems to be too small and then in 10 and that seems to be a little too large so I think 9.5 must be right but I can't find a program that will allow me to save the document in Helvetica 9.5 font and print it out without re-formatting it.

1. Would anyone be able to recommend a program which does what PDF-XChange Viewer purports to do - in other words, to analyze font and font size in a given selection of text? I would like to verify its analysis by finding another program which gives me the same result.

2. Would anyone be able to recommend a word processing program which will allow me to choose Helvetica 9.5 for a font style and size and then print my document out WITHOUT re-formatting it.

Thank you in advance for any helpful guidance.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Print my document in Helvetica 9.5 WITHOUT re-formatting
    « Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 02:09:17 PM »
    You can type decimals directly into the Font Size Box of Word.
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.