Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: VLC's progress bar malfunctions  (Read 3177 times)

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Experienced
VLC's progress bar malfunctions
« on: October 13, 2018, 07:34:10 PM »
For most of this year, VLC has been presenting one strange behaviour after another. After the upgrade to v3.0.4, the one remaining anomaly is that,  although the Progress Bar shows, the slug in it that indicates how much has been played and how much is left to play, OFTEN does not appear at all. I have ruled OUT the video card as the source of the problem. Win10 v1803 32bit in Antec Sonata 1; mobo :  Gygabyte GA X58A - UD5; 4Gb RAM  I'm unable to post the question in the Videolan forum, as I do not get an opportunity to post a new thread; and an email to the moderator bounces.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: VLC's progress bar malfunctions
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 02:42:40 PM »
Does MEMTEST86 pass with flying colors for like 4 full tests?

Had a RAM issue with a laptop cause oddity with VLC Player once due to shared memory with GPU. Fragments of old data on screen and refresh issue is what i had with it. MEMTEST86 flagged down memory address issue. Removed that 1GB RAM stick which was troubled dropping the Windows XP system to 1GB RAM and problem was solved.

Sebastian42

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 03:41:46 AM »
I found a  setting that seems to solve the problem : Check-mark 'Advanced Controls' in View menu.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2018, 05:10:21 PM »
Cool.. Thanks for replying back with that fix so we know your good and if anyone else ever has similar issue they can try your solution.