Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell Inspiron 15 3543 will not turn on  (Read 2715 times)

Inspiron3543

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Dell Inspiron 15 3543 will not turn on
    « on: October 20, 2018, 03:55:48 PM »
    Hi, my Dell Inspiron 15 3544 series 3000 will not turn on. I’ve tried turning it on without the charger, without the battery and I’ve tried draining it’s residual power too by removing the charger and battery and holding down the power button, but still nothing. Anyways, whenever I press down the power button, I hear a tiny ‘click’ and the battery light will flash white one for a second. Nothing else happens. Any help?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Dell Inspiron 15 3543 will not turn on
    « Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 12:18:55 PM »
    Any history on this system that might point out a cause for failure or it was running fine then dead all of a sudden?

Assuming the power supply is good!!! ( Have you verified the voltage output of it to be correct? ) ..... Laptop should boot and run with battery removed and only the power supply connected between Laptop and live outlet. If this doesnt work then you would have to bring it to a computer repair shop or venture on your own into seeing if its a stuck CPU fan not spinning to which its shutting itself down to prevent from overheating. If a CPU fan doesnt spin a system will shutdown at boot.

I own a very similar Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series model 3558 with the 5th Series i3 2.1Ghz CPU and on my model there is only a single LED in the lower left in the front that is a pain to troubleshoot with. I picked mine up for $279.99 on black friday deal  2 years ago without looking at all the features. Just saw Core i3 and Dell brand and price tag as low as it is and bought one. Its quite annoying that its lacking LEDs for troubleshooting as well as to keep an eye on heavy HDD use etc. I dont quite understand why they decided to skimp on LED indicators. Powered on mine has no LEDs lit and  if it wasn't for the display showing whats going on I'd have to put it up to my ear and listen for HDD activity of the 1TB HDD. Was going to upgrade mine to SSD but I think I am going to hold off on that as for I have a feeling I may be replacing this laptop this year when a better laptop is available and will double check that it has LED indicators before making my purchase.

On Google I see others with same problem your having but no answer as to why:
    https://www.dell.com/community/Inspiron/Inspiron-15-3543-won-t-start-with-LED-light-flashes/td-p/6087239