Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Latest version of Windows 7  (Read 2995 times)

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • My first self-built computer
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Latest version of Windows 7
« on: November 17, 2018, 06:18:32 PM »
I have v6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601. I bought this CD in 2012. I just re-installed it on a new hard drive and got all Windows updates available through 'Windows Update'. I read on Wikipedia that there is a 'Convenience rollup' not available through 'Windows Update'.
-------------
 "Convenience rollup

In May 2016, Microsoft released a "Convenience rollup update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1", which contains all patches released between the release of SP1 and April 2016. The rollup is not available via Windows Update, and must be downloaded manually. This package can also be integrated into a Windows 7 installation image.[133]

Since October 2016, all security and reliability updates are cumulative. Downloading and installing updates that address individual problems is no longer possible, but the number of updates that must be downloaded to fully update the OS is significantly reduced."
-------------------
I have installed all available updates through Windows Update which now says 'no more updates available'.  Am I good to go or do I need to download/install this 'Convinience Rollup'?

Salmon Trout

Re: Latest version of Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 02:39:08 AM »
The Convenience Rollup installs every update for Windows 7 released between February 2011 and the 16th of May, 2016. If you have fully updated Windows 7 SP1 since the latter date, you do not need the rollup.

lectrocrew

Topic Starter

Mentor

• ole dog learning new tricks
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • My first self-built computer
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Re: Latest version of Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 03:21:19 PM »