Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Entity Enn1410 14.1 notebook update error  (Read 2557 times)

Hnaylor0502

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Entity Enn1410 14.1 notebook update error
    « on: November 18, 2018, 02:12:19 PM »
    I turned it on today and it was fine. When I went to shut it down it asked about completing updates. I clicked yes.
    Upon turning it on again, it took ages to boot up then add password.
    Once I did all if my desktop and documents have gone. Its saying no network hardware and you cant get on the internet.
    You click on windows button and it does nothing.

It will only allow me to right click and go into task bar for which its limited to whats there.

I tried to go through the security, user, program files to see if I can work out whats gone wrong. My created folders are there but nothing in then and I cant even get on the internet.

It said at one point, attempt was made to ref a token doesnt exist.
    It also said create association in default apps from the settings page but you have no way of getting to that option.

I have only had it for a month and tried everything by going through the menus in turn ???
    It has got windows 10 on it

I have turned it back on again and it took ages to boot up and now says unknown hard error ????

Ajfer03

Intermediate
    • Your everyday nerd.
      • Yes
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Entity Enn1410 14.1 notebook update error
    « Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 04:34:57 PM »
    Is it still under warranty? If so, you should definitely use that to your advantage.

This sounds like it might have been caused by a virus or something happened where a large amount of files were corrupted. If you have knowledge of computers you could try and use the Windows Media that came with your computer and repair your installation that way. This is rather strange and this has happened to be before on an old laptop of mine. It was my fault because I connected the laptop's hard drive to another computer and I tried to run a file recovery wizard and then some data got corrupted and then the whole operating system started to fail. It sounds exactly like what you are describing.

Since I work in computers, I just re-installed windows onto the thing since I didn't have any vital files on it that I needed.

Hope it all works out.
    Anthony
    "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky