Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: WINDOWS FILE BROWSER NOT FINDING ANYTHING  (Read 2978 times)

Maico

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    WINDOWS FILE BROWSER NOT FINDING ANYTHING
    « on: November 21, 2018, 05:12:36 PM »
    IM SEARCHING MP3 FILES ON AN EXTERNAL SSD ,BUT AFTER TYPING THE NAME OF THE FILES IT DOESNT FIND ANYTHING ,IT USED TO WORK FINE AND VERY QUICK ...

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: WINDOWS FILE BROWSER NOT FINDING ANYTHING
    « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »
    Hello Maico

Can you see any files on the external drive ?  If not then you may have fallen into a trap a lop of people do with putting a SSD into an external case as a external drive. This is fine providing you can correctly disconnect the drive each time . An ssd does a lot of back ground tasks which if power is suddenly lost can cause total or partial data loss (a bit like in the days of mechanical drives loosing power when doing a defrag.). If you can't see any files and the drive is showing as the correct size then sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the files are gone.
    I keep copies of all my ssd's on old mechanical drives. I love the speed of an ssd but don't have a lot of faith in the long term data retentive of  ssds.
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan