Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Tech Deals for Black Friday  (Read 3066 times)

Emma Parker

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Tech Deals for Black Friday
    « on: November 22, 2018, 07:45:18 AM »
    If you are looking for the best tech deals on Friday, here are some interesting ones that I currently have my eyes on:

Tablet – Apple’s latest 32GB iPad will be up for grabs at $249 (down from $329) at Walmart.
    Smart Watch – Fitbit Versa will be available at Walmart with a $50 discount for $149.
    Laptop – HP Pavilion 15 1080p will be on sale for $400 at Microsoft.
    Camera – Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Camera can be picked up from Amazon at $200 off for $448.
    Smartphone – Samsung Galaxy S9 can be scored at $200 off for $519.99 from Amazon.
    Game Console –Xbox One X 1T can be purchased with a $100 discount for a final price of just $400.
    Miscellaneous – PureVPN is offering its 5-year plan at 88% off for just $1.32 per month, and you can get a pair of Beats Studio 3 Wireless head phones at $140 off for just $210.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Tech Deals for Black Friday
    « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 09:57:12 AM »
    Walmart has actual stores in many countries, including Africa.
    So, you might consider visiting a local Walmart on Friday. hey just might have something in store that was not advertised.

Look for brand name 14 to 16 inch laptops with Windows 10under $190.
    These are full feature laptops with 4GB RAM and 1 TB HDD.

DaveLembke

Sage
    « Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 12:58:55 PM »
    Was at Walmart last night and they had stuff out but covered in clear plastic with not for sale until 6PM Thanksgiving Day. Looked at what they had to offer and some good deals for people who would want the stuff. But I didnt see anything I needed to deal with the wallyworld rat race and 2 of 15 checkouts running with lines back to pharmacy.  ::) ;D

camerongray

Expert
      • Yes
      • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
    « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 01:07:40 PM »
    Look for brand name 14 to 16 inch laptops with Windows 10under $190.
    These are full feature laptops with 4GB RAM and 1 TB HDD.
    My advice to anyone would be to never buy these sorts of machines.  Sure you get 4gb RAM (the absolute bare minimum, I'd class as remotely usable nowadays) and a large hard drive however it'll be the slowest hard drive possible, have some sort of low power netbook-grade CPU, a terrible screen, poor build quality and rubbish battery life.  Overall it'll be a sluggish and frustrating experience, almost everyone I've seen with such a machine has replaced it within a year.  These machines aren't low end in the sense that they aren't suitable for power users, they are so low end that they are borderline unusable for even basic workloads, they attract naive users with large hard drives and skimp on nearly everything else.

My advice would always be that if you can only afford $190, get a refurbished system from a reputable company, you could actually get a pretty decent refurb machine with an SSD for that amount which would be way more usable than one of those new machines.  Then for users who can afford more, spend a bit more and get something that is actually usable for modern workloads.

If something like a laptop is reduced in a Black Friday sale, it doesn't mean that it's being sold at some sort of magical low price, the retailer is still making a profit, if you're paying a really low price, you're getting a product built to a really low price.