Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ROG Rampage 3 Motherboard Build  (Read 1961 times)

bytenoob

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    ROG Rampage 3 Motherboard Build
    « on: November 25, 2018, 03:44:47 AM »
    A friend of mine has given me a ROG Rampage 3 motherboard and a coolermaster case. I've never built a pc before I am wondering if it is a good place to start. I've checked it out on PCPartpicker and it seems to be compatible with most modern hardware even though it was released over 9 years ago. Would it be worth spending the extra dough on a newer motherboard or a better CPU/GPU's? The budget for the entire build is around 1000USD.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: ROG Rampage 3 Motherboard Build
    « Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 11:32:24 AM »
    Paired with a Core i7 processor, 16GB DDR3 RAM ( Board supports 24GB RAM, but 16GB should be plenty ), an SSD Drive of 240GB or larger capacity, and a newer nVidia GTX 1000 series Video Card it can run most games out there. Be sure to have a good quality power supply to supply reliable voltages and current loads as well. A 600 Watt PSU is probably what you would need. It all depends on how heavy the CPU and GPU will be pulling for current load power together.

I'd say only get a different motherboard if this board has any issues or you need more CPU processing power than this board supports.