Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor Switch  (Read 2886 times)

pontrumlee

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Monitor Switch
    « on: December 05, 2018, 12:03:27 AM »
    I'm looking for a DVI KVM Switch, that is USB Mouse/Keyboard, I also, need to connect around like 8 Monitor's to about 6 different Computer Towers
    Hello, my name is Pon, nice to meet you

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Monitor Switch
    « Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 09:20:18 AM »
    6 Computers and 8 Displays...

Do you have a preference of what displays display what systems?

A KVM usually handles say 6 systems and gives choice to a single display.

It looks like your looking to run a single Keyboard/Mouse to 6 systems with any choice of 8 displays?

I ran into a setup once where the display count exceeded the number of systems. I mapped out what systems always connected to specific displays and those displays had option for VGA or DVI input and depending on which signal was detected first the display would sync to that. I installed video cards into some systems that gave dual display output and so I was able to hard wire VGA cable connections to choice displays as an alternate display path and depending on which signal came first the display would display it where 2 displays could display a single system but it was quite the juggle but made it possible to display to greater number of displays than the computer count because of the more than 1 display output on 2 of the systems.

You might find that the KVM your looking for is quite costly though if you cant find an odd work around like I did with Dual Video Outputs for single systems. Have you contacted any stores or manufacturers of KVM's to see if they can point out one that matches your needs?