Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: printing your hardware and drivers in a report  (Read 4027 times)

DLG

printing your hardware and drivers in a report
« on: August 05, 2004, 07:50:11 PM »
 I seem to remember a Dos comand that would print a list of all hardware and  I think it even listed the drivers. I  can't remeber the command. Can anybody help me? :-/

2k dummy

Re: printing your hardware and drivers in a report
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 11:07:05 PM »
Not a DOS command but a program that M$ included with some versions of DOS. It is MSD.exe. The info it gives may or may not be accurate. It should be run from a DOS prompt outside Windows to get the DOS information. From a DOS prompt inside windows it will display the info that is passed to it by windows. Do not use it on 2k or XP systems unless you know they are FAT32 format. If it is not on your HD and you are using W98x, you can find it on the windows CD in a directory named olddos.

johnwill

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2004, 07:44:01 AM »
All you ever wanted to know about your system. :)

Everest Home Edition: http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

MalikTous

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 11:18:52 AM »
Belarc's free Advisor will give a comprehensive analysis in an HTML file in Windows. The MSD utility for DOS is reasonably good in DOS, but other utilities (Norton's old SysInfo utility and Central Point Software's CPDesktop come to mind) give even better analyses.

DLG

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 12:10:14 PM »
 ::) :) :D
Thanks for the help. You have made installing a new hard drive such much easier.
Thanks again