Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Please Help!  (Read 4409 times)

troubledone

Please Help!
« on: January 19, 2006, 02:33:38 PM »
 I have had no luck with ICS, getting back connected with my other computer. I have all protocols set up for ICS and still not working. I have the host set up on Windows Prof 2000 and the other computer Windows 98SE set up as client.  Everything was working fine, and then ICS stopped working.  I followed all the instructions on ICS on every website which are basically the same. So what could be wrong? Should there be a LAN connection on the other computer. I  have an internet connection and Lan connection on host. I tried to set up a LAN on client but it will not work. This is the only thing I can think of that might be the problem. Or is there something that should be fixed in internet explorer.
On host type of dial up server I'm calling is: PPP;95/98/NT4/2000, Internet. Componets are TCP/IP, File and Printer Shaing for Microsoft Networks, and Client for Microsoft Networks.  TCP/IP and Client for Microsoft Netoworks are checked. This is on both computers and are connected to a 5 port ethernet switch. On the LAN, on the host same protocols except I have connect using my NIC.  I do have ICS enabled on host.  Any suggestions?

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Please Help!
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »
    troubledone......  Using a description of Please Help!will hardly get the responses your looking for. I took the time to look back at your previous posts and it seems this has been going on since at least the middle of December .....
    Do you now have a service provider that supports ICS .......
    What method of networking are you using ?
    Are any of the other machines able to connect ok ?

dl65  ::)    
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 03:10:53 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

troubledone

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2006, 03:39:23 PM »
    I used that subject line because I didn't get any response to my other posting that I had updated. Yes I have a service provider that supports ICS, I actually have two ISP's right now one that I guess does not support ICS, but from reading replies from previous post, it seems it doesn't matter, or it's of no importance if they do or not because it's something that the user sets up and has nothing to do with ISP.

Method of networking are NIC cards with a 5 port ethernet switch and dial up. Thank You for answering my question, I do hope I can get this working, I have a son in college and I have small business I do on the internet and we both need to use the internet daily.  :)

troubledone

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 04:15:13 PM »
    The only machine thats able to connect is the host, the one I'm using.