Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help, my computer problem is sending me insane  (Read 8471 times)

GX1_Man

Re: Help, my computer problem is sending me insane
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 07:57:24 PM »
We work for cheap. Just a few nice words, or even any feedback at all is enough for us.

BTW the memory usage looks correct. How many problems did you locate and fix with AdAware and Spybot? More than 100 I wager.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2006, 07:59:27 PM by GX1_Man »

computernew

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2006, 11:06:20 AM »
[highlight]BTW the memory usage looks correct. How many problems did you locate and fix with AdAware and Spybot? More than 100 I wager. [/highlight]

I found well more than 100, ended with about 200 plus. My computer is running a tad better than it was, im also looking to get rid of mcafee and stop running it, so im in need of a good firewall and virus scanner.

Also whats wrong with using mcafee and norton? is AVG scanner the better one to use?

thanks again folks.

Computernew

computernew

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2006, 12:56:46 PM »
The old fogey is just a nobody :P who invented the theory of relativity. Albert Einstein, even a genius of science can take time out to see if he can lick his adams apple.

Thanks Mac for your help there I installed everest, im unsure what processor speed it is but it says intel celeron on the tower casing.

Also where could I find a decent copy of AVG and the Zone alarm firewall.

thanks,

Computernew

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2006, 01:06:31 PM »
    Also where could I find a decent copy of AVG and the Zone alarm firewall.

http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10342876.html

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,7228,00.asp

That should get you going .

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.