Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Any other free alternatives to Photoshop besides GIMP?  (Read 2760 times)

Lucian Hodoboc

Topic Starter

• Lucian Hodoboc's blog
  • Experience: Familiar
Any other free alternatives to Photoshop besides GIMP?
« on: January 11, 2019, 01:03:52 AM »
Are there any other free software that can be used for advanced photo editing besides GIMP? I find it surprising that there are so many free antivirus software, but so few photo (and video) editing software available. Like, you'd think that coding a photo editing software (which would rarely require updates considering that operating systems rarely change anymore) would be easier than having to constantly update a database of viruses.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Any other free alternatives to Photoshop besides GIMP?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:47:52 PM »
www.humblebundle.com recently had software similar to photoshop low cost. Not sure when the deal ends but if you go to that website and then select Bundles up in the upper left it should show a list of the bundles that are going on and the photoshop type software bundle may still be going on.

I buy software, games, and eBooks through Humble Bundle and like what they have to offer. Plus a portion of the money is donated to a charity. I picked this software up the other day for $15 to get a bunch of software titles to play with along the lines of photoshop.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 03:32:29 PM »
irfanview has been around for years and is one of the best...even has photoshop approved plugins.
However i'm not sure it does videos...DLoad it ant take it around the block...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 05:06:30 PM »
Just checked since I was able to get onto a non web content filtered computer and unfortunately the deal for the software at humble bundle is gone.

This also wasn't free in regards to alternatives that were free but it was a really good deal while it lasted getting software for around the cost of $2.14 each program as part of the $15 bundle.

Forgot about irfanview that patio mentioned. Used that one about 8 years ago and lots of features.

Off subject but might be interesting to some about what irfanview can do... When I heard about hidden binary watermarks in World of Warcraft screenshots I then had to see it for myself and so I used irfanview to look for hidden binary watermark that you couldnt see until you bent the image with irfanview. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/6551465311

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2019, 05:28:04 PM »
so it's no good ? ?
Never knew.

PS...from your link it was Blizzard
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mark.

Adviser
  • Forum Regular
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2019, 06:01:52 PM »
not sure what the OP regards as advanced editing, but a couple of other free ones to throw in the mix are paint.net and Photoshop Essentials (free from the MS Store)