Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computers issue  (Read 2857 times)

guest_27

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    computers issue
    « on: January 12, 2019, 04:29:11 PM »
    hi i m having issue with my computer the earphone are not work for me when i plug them in the laptop im sure the issue can not be with the earphones since have try it multiple time in the i-pod and it seem to worked fine is there anything i cud do to resolved the problem thank u for the help
    « Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:04:48 PM by guest_27 »

guest_27

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: computers issue
      « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 05:03:37 PM »
      the earphones is white colored and im plugging it in round port is this the right one

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 07:10:03 PM »
      Buy earphones made for the PC.
      The Apple computers and tings use a plug that has two rings. That is because the Apple design includes the microphone.

guest_27

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »
        hi yes i have window 10 computer have been use the white apple earphones for a while it always seem to work ok however couple month back i re-imaged my laptop. the issue seem to be that if i plugged in the earphones right after booting the sound came from the earphones then afterward if i take it out of the port then plug it back in the sound comes from the speakers only and not the earphones not sure if its a bug or something but i noticed in order for me to hear from the earphones again i must power down then re-start computer and plug in the earphone again. this issue did not happened prior to re-installation of windows. do u suspect is the issue with my laptop or cud be the apple earphone?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
        • Geek After Dark
          • Gekk9pm bnlog
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2019, 08:38:31 PM »
        How the sound system works is not documented in a way that the average person would understand it. They do that on purpose. On many modern computers the headphone switch is not mechanical. Instead, the system can 'sense' that hat you lugged in the headphones. Microsoft may have altered the threshold of that thing so that it does not always work.

But the question is: How much time do your want to send on this?You found a 'workaround. for it.

For what it is worth, here is a 'trick' you can try. Make  a new user account, if you only have one now. Then logoff one user and log in to the other. That might make Windows test the headphone jack again to see if the new user likes headphones.

Yeah, I know, it seems to be  not logical.   :-\
        Logging off a user is faster than doing a power off and on again.

guest_27

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 07:16:49 AM »
          thank u will try the trick u have suggest me to and make a new user account. i only have one now(i am administrator on the computer) so will create a second account. powering off and then on gets the sound to come back from the earphones(once i put it in the headphone jack) however if i take it out the sound come from speakers(which it should) but if i re-plug it back in the jack it still comes from speakers only perhaps it only recognize it the first time its in there? will create a new user account and let u know what happens appreciate ur help