Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 10 freezes, ram issues and internet problems on a fresh PC build  (Read 3291 times)

Coros

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Hello!

Posting this to "Other" subforum due to facing multiple issues not only Windows or software matters

I just finished my first build ever, which is nothing to boast about but it was a very exciting experience for me :). That said, Ive run into some issues now and I thought maybe someone smarter could help me out.

The PC specs are as follows - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zkJWTB
    Running Windows 10 Pro

Hardware installation was smooth and went fine, the PC actually booted up the first time I pressed the power button so that's something.

I followed it up by installing windows 10 pro from a bootable usb drive and after that things got a bit tricky.

The following is what I did, step by step:

1. Installed all the windows updates
    2. Installed Intel chipset drivers from https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/MPG-Z390-GAMING...
    3. Followed that up from the same link with IRST drivers, Intel VGA, Intel Network drivers and Realtek HD Universal drivers
    4. Installed Nvidia drivers for rtx2070

I there anything Im missing? Should I go ahead and find any other drivers?

The problems im currently facing are the following:

1. In BIOS dRAM frequency shows as 2400mhz, although I have 3200mhz ram. Is dRam something different? Should I do anything about this?
    2. PC gets some serious lag spikes, to the point of freeezing for 10-30 seconds even when just idling or using an internet browser. This bit seems incredibly weird.
    3. Internet connection, using Chrome, seems insanely slow (300 Mbit ethernet connection). Troubleshooting network adapters gives a message stating "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings". Googled the issue and followed steps given but this hasn't fixed the issue. Am I missing something? Wrong driver issue?

All the help is greatly appreciated. Also, any additional help is appreciated regarding on what to do next with a fresh install, what msi software to install if any and any general tips on what i've missed when finishing the build helps out too.

Thank you in advance!

Strow

• Experience: Expert
      Re: Windows 10 freezes, ram issues and internet problems on a fresh PC build
      « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 12:29:10 PM »
      What fan are you using

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 04:26:06 PM »
      Wrong RAM,,,
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Coros

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 01:06:21 AM »
        What fan are you using

What fan where? On the CPU there is a Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler.

Coros

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 01:14:09 AM »
          Wrong RAM,,,

Could you elaborate on that a little? What do you mean wrong RAM?