Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What about screnn casting to and fro?  (Read 11773 times)

Geek-9pm

Topic Starter

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
What about screnn casting to and fro?
« on: January 23, 2019, 11:22:25 AM »
Le's say a user has to PCs, two Android tablets and two TVs.  And, of cruise, a wireless local network with Internet.
Some households have all of the above.

There user has is a need to know:
 •  How to cast from a PC to a TV?
 •  How to do it from an Android to a PC?
 •  If it can be from PC to PC?
 •  And what about PC to Android?

Articles found do bot cover all useful  permutations.
Do you know how it can be done?

Any body?  ;D

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: What about screnn casting to and fro?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 12:29:56 PM »
For Android apps on a PC I just use Andyroid and run the apps on a PC in a virtual ARM processing environment: https://www.andyroid.net/

I just connect to a TV via HDMI cable, however they also have these converter and extender boxes you can buy that take a VGA or HDMI input and pass it over a Cat5 or Cat 6 cable to another box as a pair to send display signals about 100 ft. We use these linked here at my work to send the display output from a computer  to a display that is 40 ft away from the PC. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1DG-008A-00001&ignorebbr=1&source=region&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Cables+-+HDMI+Cables-_-1DG-008A-00001&gclid=Cj0KCQiA4aXiBRCRARIsAMBZGz-es939Wg4lir31-lcr9wSkaG8BWq52txfPK7yox-I_Xi6XANEtDXIaAhMFEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

PC to PC I use Real VNC or another remote access software, however the refresh rate is ok for viewing everything except for video content, so you cant play a movie and watch it in real time over this connection, the refresh rate is too slow and so you end up with sample stills of the session that change at like 4 fps.

There may be a software package out there that encodes the environments to be viewed elsewhere with a point to point type of networked video stream but I have doubts that it would be high frame rate.

Teamviewer comes to mind which I have worked with in the past for PC to PC other than Real VNC. I have used Teamviewer with PC's over internet connection 800 miles apart and even locally networked systems have same significant lag to where you can remote control and view the other computer but video playback is horrible. Its good for helping someone get out of a bind remotely who still has a healthy enough computer to handshake a connection to get help over this but refresh rate is very slow. And it looks like they have an android version available too which i will have to play around with using a spare smartphone I have. https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/download/android/