Software > Computer programming

No prior knowledge about programming, lost in college!!

(1/2) > >>

Aplam:
I just recently started studying computer science (in October 2018). It is something I really want to learn and have this skill in life. The problem is that I have absolutely no prior knowledge about programming and, honestly, I just stopped crying about 5minutes ago because I have deadlines tomorrow and I don't know where to start.

We are programming in C# language. A lot of colleagues are coming from specialized high schools and atm they have almost 0 problems with the course. I, however, am struggling. Even with basic exercises. College is hard and I'm hardly keeping on with programming.

I really want to learn it, but I don't know how. I lack the mindset that I gotta have when programming. I know what I gotta do, but I don't know how. And I'm just lost. Usually I understand the code, but can't write my own.

So, how can I improve? I know I gotta do different exercises. But I'm interested in any other tips and tricks, online courses, literally ANYTHING that can help.

DaveLembke:
Is this college one where you attend in a classroom where a teacher can spend extra time with you to help you grasp the basics?

If this is an online college and no ability to get extra help, then I would go to Youtube and look up videos on learning how to program in C# ... There are many videos out there and so watching the videos and then typing the code in yourself and compiling and playing around with it is one method of learning it.

Additionally, I am attending a free online learning site SoloLearn where you can learn to program and it starts at the very basics and works forward into more complex subjects.

This SoloLearn website also has an app in the Google Play store to where you can learn on your android device such as tablet or smart phone as well. https://www.sololearn.com/Course/CSharp/

Geek-9pm:
Aplam,
Tell us about yourself. I can help to understand your personality.
What are your skills?
What do yu find easy? (Beer drinking does not count.)
Do you like crossword puzzles?
Do you like to talk?
What kind of teacher do you like?
Have you ever played a musical instrument?
Can you memorize poems and song lyrics?
Do yu have pets like birds and fish?
What chore do you hate the most?
Now if you could live anywhere, where would that be?
Describe yourself in 25 words or less.

BC_Programmer:
Another Copy paste spammer, take a look at their signature.

Copy pasted from here.

DaveLembke:
Thanks for intercepting these spammers BC. Didn't see the spam links earlier. Either I overlooked them or they were added later.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version