Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Email Problems  (Read 4183 times)

Jonathan hall

Email Problems
« on: March 25, 2004, 10:33:16 PM »
Ok here is my problem. One day, the email worked fine. Then 2 of my friends came over and we connected our pcs and played games. NOTE: I use SBC DSL, and we connected through a Linksys router.

When they left, I hooked mine and my mom's pc back up to the router like it was before, and now we can't get the email to work. She uses incredimail, which worked. She can recieve and send basic text emails, but cannot send formatting. I cannot get mail period. It says I have 2 in my inbox, so i click inbox and it comes up with a "cannot find server" page. She has the same problem if she uses internet explorer to access email.

I did not change any settings on our pcs or the router, so does anybody know how to fix this? Thanks a lot ;D

- Jonathan

jw

Re: Email Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 12:23:57 PM »
I don't know if this will help or not, but the first thing I would try is to reset the router to it's factory settings. To do this look at the back of the router, there is a little hole there just big enough to poke in there with a straightened paperclip. Push the paperclip in and hold down for 10 seconds.  Remove the paperclip and the router will reboot.

jw

Re: Email Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 01:19:26 PM »
I forgot something...be sure and right down your WAN settings.  You will need to reenter them when finished