Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot reinstall  (Read 9643 times)

asterose

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Cannot reinstall
    « on: January 27, 2019, 05:14:22 AM »

I have an RCA w101 sa23t2 2 in 1 tablet/desktop with Windows 10 on it.  The speakers began to issue a horrible whine, so I tried to factory reset it 3 different ways.  First I tried Reinstall without deleting personal files, then Reinstall complete factory reset, and THEN I tried reinstalling using MediaCreation Tool and a USB.  All of the times the reinstall got to about 31% and then said it encountered a problem and nothing was changed.  I temporarily got rid of the whine, and I've had the computer since mid-September and this problem only recently emerged which makes me think this is a software issue and a reinstall could cure it.  Any ideas about how to reinstall?  Help!  Thanks for any help.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Cannot reinstall
    « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 08:32:29 AM »
    These RCA Tablets from my personal experience supporting them for 3 users have been troublesome. 2 with hardware failures and other with corruption of the internal storage bricking it. All 3 had to be replaced under warranty and 1 of the 3 replacements lost its speaker for sound but the sound still works via headphone jack. I would exercise the warranty on this device and get a replacement.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Cannot reinstall
    « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 08:34:03 AM »
    + 1
    Also stopping @ 31 minutes points to a likely failing HDD...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "