Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I change the picture that appears directly after startup  (Read 10237 times)

earlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    How do I change the picture that appears directly after startup
    « on: January 29, 2019, 09:20:08 AM »
    I have a Windows 10 Desktop on my Dell machine, and I want to change the image that appears directly after startup. This is before I enter my password to start Windows.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? 

Salmon Trout

Re: How do I change the picture that appears directly after startup
    « Reply #1 on: January 29, 2019, 09:49:45 AM »
    If you mean the Lock Screen background, these are the steps

Settings
    Personalisation (or 'Personalization' depending on your locale settings)
    Lock Screen
    Background

You will see a drop down menu that probably has Windows Spotlight selected, this is random pictures from Microsoft, the other choices are Picture and Slideshow, choose Picture and then you see thumbnails of some standard pictures, you can choose one of these, or there is a Browse button, click that and you can browse to an image file you have saved somewhere. If you choose Slideshow, it will show pictures from a folder. There is a button right there to choose your Pictures folder, or click the Add a folder button to add one or more folders of pictures you want to use.

earlk

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: How do I change the picture that appears directly after startup
      « Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 09:57:34 AM »
      Yes, that answered my question. I never got to the Lock Screen tab. Problem solved.

Thanks Salmon Trout.    ;)