Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC FREEZES, PlS HELP  (Read 2572 times)

ConnorD816

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    PC FREEZES, PlS HELP
    « on: January 29, 2019, 07:10:40 PM »
    Posted Yesterday, 08:08 PM

First my PC Parts:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cpLMYT

A description of the problem:
    My screen completely freezes, usually in chrome or playing fornite and i have discord open and can still talk to and hear my friends. Most of the time i can switch tabs but thats as far as it gets and my whole computer just hits a super freeze causing me to hard reset

So let me explain my entire problem,
    I built my computer october 22nd 2018, I dont actually remember having PC freezes but i think they started happening shortly after and have gotten progressively worse and worse. So my first instinct was to think that it was my OS Windows 10, i reinstalled it, repaired it, and many other ways to try and fix windows 10, and nothing worked. I think started to think that it was my GPU. I had a 1050 ti and found out that it was essentially bottle-necking my CPU so i bought a 1070. The crashes slowed down for a little bit, i reinstalled all the drivers and the crashes started happening again and again. I then replaced my RAM with a very specific kind that was compatible with my MOBO and CPU and that didnt fix the problems. Then i replaced my 500w PSU with a EVGA 80+ 600w psu, its slowed them down a little but nonetheless hasnt fixed them.

I then went into my BIOS and changed my gpu from 3.2 Mgz to 3.8 and lowered my VCore voltage for my cpu to about 1.35 and also my memory said it had one at a speed of 2133 and the other was at 2400 so i manually changed them both to 2400 and set the voltage to around 1.25 for the RAM.

All the tests of preformed:
    Sfc /scannow in console test-pass
    memtest -Pass
    Cpu stress test - pass for around 1hr 30min alound with the motherboard
    Im still iffy on my Storage devices but they both passed driver tests. PLS HELP THANK YOU

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PC FREEZES, PlS HELP
    « Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 02:51:33 AM »
    I then went into my BIOS and changed my gpu from 3.2 Mgz to 3.8 and lowered my VCore voltage for my cpu to about 1.35 and also my memory said it had one at a speed of 2133 and the other was at 2400 so i manually changed them both to 2400 and set the voltage to around 1.25 for the RAM.

Undo your overclocks and set voltages back to normal. Do you have mismatched RAM sticks to where one of them is a 2133 and other is a 2400 which caused this speed offset. If you have mismatched RAM sticks I would set them both to 2133 vs 2400Mhz. RAM is happy when underclocked so a 2400Mhz stick at 2133 will run fine. However if you have a slower spec stick that is 2133 forced to 2400Mhz you can have an unreliable system.

Run system at normal clocks and voltages and see if the problems still happen. The VCore voltage lowering is a tricky change as for your reducing the thermal output of your CPU by undervoltage, BUT bringing the CPU's voltage lower can cause it to drop out which will cause glitches and crashing. Dropping back to normal clocks and voltages may be your fix for this system instability.