Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error: aepic.dll is missing or currupt. Bad Image  (Read 19131 times)

Accessless

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Error: aepic.dll is missing or currupt. Bad Image
« on: February 01, 2019, 04:59:32 AM »
I have recently bought a Chuwi Hi10 plus 64Gb tablet from a Chinese company called banggood and to my surprise it doesn't work properly.

When Windows starts I just get the repeated message:
Quote from: Microsoft
WerFault.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\System32\aepic.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error.

No matter what I press the message immediately returns not allowing me to do anything.

To make matters worse this occurs in safe mode as well. I have tried Microsofts System File Checker, and it identifies the fault but claims to not be able to fix the problem (no reason given).

I have also tried the refresh this PC (?) I'm new to Windows 10 so my terminology may be a little off. But this takes about an hour, gets to about 20% and returns an error "could not complete process" again no reason given.

I have also tried Microsoft's DISM with the restore health command but receive the error unknown command. (I looked at the manual on this one but is a bit beyond me for now, from what I could ascertain It's not much use to me without a Windows 10 image)

I have run a complete battery of memory tests RAM and HDD which all came back good so I'm confident that the issue is only a wonky OS installation.

So at this point I seem to left with the following bad options:

1. Attempt to return the tablet to the vendor company (which has a poor grasp of English and will take 3 weeks just to get there), and hope that I get a better one in 6-8 weeks time.
2. Attempt to get Windows installation discs (images) from Chuwi the manufacturer. Again this company has a very poor grasp of English and I imagine that they will tell me to do option 1.
3. Fresh install of Windows myself, which is all fine and dandy if I had a product key.

So if anyone has any suggestions as to how to accomplish option 3 (bear in mind that I have yet to find a way to run the command prompt internally) or any better ideas please let me know.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Error: aepic.dll is missing or currupt. Bad Image
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 07:18:48 AM »
Is there a return or warranty policy on this so you can simply complain that this one is defective and please send another?

Devices like this to cost cut can sometimes be an issue with the entire product line as well. I was given a tablet that was Android OS 4.4 and it had a wifi driver that was for Android 6.x somehow forced to backwards compatibility where it worked most of the time but caused the tablet to lose internet connection. Trying to install newer version of Android to it wasn't possible and so it was a temperamental tablet where it would randomly drop out the wifi connection and only way to get it back was to hold the button in and tell it to force restart. I tried to just disable and enable the wifi but that wasn't good enough. It had to go through a full restart in order to get the wifi back.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 05:26:38 PM »
I seriously doubt there's a return Policy...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 07:38:10 PM »
Vanggood  ???

With a name like that, who would buy it?
Is this the site?
https://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Windows-Tablet-c-1835.html
User guide:
https://www.banggood.com/New-User-Guide_hi433

Others would like to know. Some tablets from China a re good. Perhaps this brand is not. Maybe others here know about this brand.

Has anybody got a tablet via Vanggood   ?

DaveLembke

Sage
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 06:20:53 AM »
Looked into Banggood to see what they are rated with BBB and you might as well toss the tablet possibly and get another. Saw reviews here at this BBB site about companies very poor customer service and lies as well as elsewhere the best rating I saw was 2.5 of 5 stars.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/new-york/profile/online-retailer/banggoodcom-0121-157593

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2019, 04:08:04 PM »
Not that I would consider banggood a particularly reliable company or online store, but The "Better business bureau" has changed since the 90's and earlier to what is pretty much a protection racket. Anybody can post a "review"; there is no verification that such a person was actually a customer, and the ranking on the BBB site is largely dictated by both the customer reviews as well as how the company responds to complaints on the BBB site. Companies pay the BBB to be a "member", and can now disseminate both their membership as well as letter grades which means that they can basically squash competitors that aren't.

Most of the "reviews" on the BBB page seem to be from people basically expecting them to be a cheaper Amazon, but are also apparently expecting similar quality, evidently naive to the way the world works. One of them even complains that the company is in China.... well, yeah. You knew that going into it, didn't you? They complain about shipping times- from China, which you knew- they complain about E-mail exchanges taking a long time because business hours are offset (well, yeah, they are in China, you knew that). They don't like how reps sometimes have poor English... What exactly were they expecting here? It's a chinese online retailer that sells cheap chinese manufactured crap and unlicensed knock-offs.

As to the topic: 1 and 2 are no-go options because this is going to be a problem with their system images. Basically All tablets of that model are going to have the problem. They do very little real testing and largely rush things through to make them available. Whether you got one that anybody had decided to actually turn on before mass producing them is luck of the draw.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 06:04:19 PM »
Regardless of the BBB reviews you posted...which are likely true ...what remains is the fact he aint gonna get a dime...or a replacement of his unit from that manuf.

I will bet the Farm on that..
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "