Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Error 0x80070022 - can't transfer photos from camera to computer  (Read 7581 times)

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Experienced
    Error 0x80070022 - can't transfer photos from camera to computer
    « on: February 11, 2019, 04:26:39 PM »
    I get an error message when I try to transfer my photos from my digital camera to my computer.  It won't transfer the photos.  The camera is a polaroid iso48 and the error message is error 0x80070022. 

I don't seem to have any problems transferring photos from a usb storage device to my computer.  Only from my camera to my computer.  I read on the internet to try it in safe mode, but it still won't transfer the photos from my camera to the computer in safe mode either. 

Anybody know how to fix this problem?

I seen a couple of sites online telling me to download a program that can fix the problem, but I don't know if any of these programs are safe and trustworthy.  I'm not even sure how my computer could be the problem if I'm able to transfer photos from usb storage device to my computer.   

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Error 0x80070022 - can't transfer photos from camera to computer
    « Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:00:06 PM »
    Your camera is not a standard USB device.  Or is it?
    What is the model number?
    What does the user guide say?
    The error code given does not have a sure quick solution. It can be the result of a number of issues. For example, some devices might give that error while it is connected to the power. But without details I have no  way of knowing that is your problem.

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 06:04:38 PM »
      Yeah the camera has a cord with a usb end which connects to the computers usb port.

There is a number on the side which might be the model number:  00011801002285

I can't find the user guide.  I usually keep stuff like that, but I can't find it anywhere.
      some devices might give that error while it is connected to the power.

You have to connect it the computer though to transfer the files.  You have to open the battery compartment in order to connect it to the computer so it's not using the batteries while it's connected to the computer. 

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 06:07:09 PM »
      Simple question...did you install the camera's software to the PC ? ?
      Most are propietary and wont work without it...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Term_ite

Beginner
        • Experience: Familiar
        « Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 07:20:29 PM »
        Even though you don't have batteries in when transferring pics you may still have to power the camera on. (It may be using USB power) Here is a link to your user manual.

https://polaroid.reflecta.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/IF045-User-Manual.pdf

See page 33.

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2019, 04:47:10 PM »
          Yeah you do have to turn the power on once you have it connected to the computer. 

According to that manual it did come with software.  And unfortunately I can't find the CD anywhere.  :(

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 05:36:54 PM »
          As i suspected...DLoad it Free from the Device manuf. site...

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 05:21:59 PM »
            Would this be the manufacture's site or just the company that sells them:  https://www.polaroid.com/products/polaroid-is048

I don't see another website and there doesn't seem to be a place on that site to download the software. 

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
            • Geek After Dark
              • Gekk9pm bnlog
            • Certifications: List
            • Experience: Expert
            « Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »
            No. That is not the maker of the thing.
            Makers of cameras are:
            Cannon, Olympus, Philips, Teledyne, Panasonic, Sony, Polaroid, Kodak,
            Samsung, Mitsubishi Nikon, and many more.
            Eve none named Zeiss

Most use protocols peculiarity suited to the  brand.

Term_ite

Beginner
              « Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 10:33:53 AM »
              Kuurt:
              Go to the following link & you'll find support for all polaroid digital cameras there. Oddly enough the IS048 is not listed but there are 4 other cameras with the same software. It is V1.8 Build 274. If you download that software I'll bet it will work with your camera. Download the software for the IF045 camera and try it. If it works, great, if it doesn't no harm done.
              http://polaroidcamerasupport.com/digital-cameras.html

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 05:12:13 PM »
                Dang, unfortunately the V1.8 (Build 274) didn't work.  I still got the same error message when transferring the photos.  I even tried opening the photos from within the software but it wouldn't show the images.  There was also another software version on that website so I tried that too, but it didn't work either. 

Thanks anyways guys.

Term_ite

Beginner
                  « Reply #11 on: February 16, 2019, 05:32:40 PM »
                  Kuurt,
                  That's too bad. I really thought it would work. Where did you buy the camera? In the US or elsewhere? I'll keep looking for software for your IS048 Camera for the next day or two & if I come up with anything I'll post on this thread.

kuurt

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2019, 02:29:41 PM »
                    I bought it at Walmart in the US. 

I finally found the paper work that came with the camera and it says to download the software from (http://tinyurl.com/polaroid-setup-win) so maybe it didn't come with a CD after all.  Unfortunately the paper work also says what operating systems are compatible with the camera and Windows 8 isn't one of them. 

So what if I try the software anyway with Windows 8, will it mess up my computer since they're not compatible? 

Term_ite

Beginner
                      « Reply #13 on: February 17, 2019, 03:01:55 PM »
                      Usually if software is not compatible with your OS it just doesn't work. I can't see it messing up your computer. If it doesn't work just uninstall it thru settings & apps.
                      As this download appears to be a 3rd party site it may want to download some extra programs. Just read carefully as you download and uncheck any boxes that appear to load 3rd party bloatware. Also download it to a USB Flashdrive and scan it with your antivirus software before installing it on your computer.

patio

• Genius
                      • Maud' Dib
                        • Yes
                      « Reply #14 on: February 17, 2019, 06:10:53 PM »
                      Try it...it'll work...or not. Which is exactly where yer at now...