Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Bluetooth connectivity problem.  (Read 1969 times)

myyskie

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Bluetooth connectivity problem.
    « on: February 16, 2019, 08:18:13 AM »
    I got a new motherboard and it has an onboard blueooth, it was working great then after the windows update (windows 10) couple of days ago bluetooth stops working I can't find any devices and even my computer is not listed on my phone when I search for bluetooth. I tried updating the bluetooth driver on the device manager but it still not working should I reformat my OS? My concern if I do a reformat / clean install I might not be able to use my windows 10 license key, or is there any other procedure that I should try first?

Here's my devices and computer specs I'm using.

1. Maximus Formula VIII
    2. Intel i7-6700
    3. Samsung galaxy note 9
    4. Aomais speaker

Thank you in advance.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Bluetooth connectivity problem.
    « Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 09:02:30 AM »
    Easiest fix since you have already tried a updated driver would be to buy one of those USB Bluetooth adapters and see if that will fix the issue and not use the built in Bluetooth which failed to work after Windows 10 update.

Only other option is to roll back Windows 10 to earlier state before update and lock it from updates which is dangerous for system security protection by forcing it to not update ever again in favor of the Bluetooth functionality that later version of patched Windows 10 breaks.

I assume Device Manager is happy and no yellow (!) or red (X) for the Bluetooth or other devices on the system?

myyskie

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 12:40:20 AM »
      Thanks for the advise, I bought a dongle and surprisingly it works well, I'll be using this for now and wait if windows update will produce a fix for this. Thanks again for the tip :)

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 12:40:14 PM »
      Glad to see that fixed the issue and inexpensively.  :)