Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Forge of Empires, multiple account / shared internet issue.  (Read 12405 times)

reeve0110

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    Forge of Empires, multiple account / shared internet issue.
    « on: February 28, 2019, 11:03:26 PM »
    So here's the random question of the day.  I have multiple account on Forge of Empires ( forgeofempires.com, flash game) that I use as "pushing" accounts for my main one.  I have been using my cell phone for the main and my PC for the others.  Made the rookie mistake a few days ago and logged into my main account on the PC. I have been getting a " cannot use shared internet" message when I try to add to my main account now since that time.  I've tried basic stuff like release /renew my router and even swapped routers.  Made a new computer account on windows 10 and logged over to that and I'm still getting the same issue.  Any good recommendations on windows 10? thanks for your time!

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Forge of Empires, multiple account / shared internet issue.
    « Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 12:11:52 PM »
    Has nothing to do with your local systems or mobile devices nor router... They track IPs and associate IP's to accounts.

I also play this game and have 5 accounts.  ;D

I created a guild so that all accounts the main and 4 alias's can trade between guild members for free. Otherwise it costs you a forge point per trade outside of guild trade. I also left it open for any others who want to join to openly join up without worry of then getting kicked for not being active enough etc.

The maker of the game tracks internet connections and so only a single account can be active at a single time from a shared registered IP address that they keep track of. I was only able to run more than 1 account at a time if I was using my phone with 3G mobile internet and another account active on my home internet connection.

However once you log on to the mobile device with the other account they then know that two accounts are registered to IP addresses.

A friend of mine however was able to break out of this IP Address tracking by uninstalling the Forge of Empires AP from his mobile device including all cache data and disconnecting his mobile internet on his phone, and then reconnecting mobile internet and checking to see that the IP address was now different from mobile internet ISP's leased IP, then reinstall the game and be back to being able to run 2 accounts at the same time; BUT through 2 different internet connections a PC on broadband and a smart phone on 3G mobile network.

I only run one account at a time from my IP address these days and I created macros that perform unattended daily routines of gathering goods and gold from buildings that are on timers and so i logon to my main account and do what I need and then I set up my PC to run the macro which then performs the lengthy daily redundant stuff of tavern stuff and gathering gold and goods that were earned from the timed buildings.

It use to take me like 1.5 hours a day to manage 5 accounts, now its like 20 minutes on my main account and then walk away with the macro farming stuff for me on the 4 other accounts. But this macro is only allowed to logon to a single account at a time through my internet connection, so I can not have multiple systems online playing the same game at the same time. For one to be online the others have to be offline.

reeve0110

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 02:53:52 PM »
      hmmmm, yeah so it sounds like I might be screwed lol.  I'm actually moving states and will be dropping cox internet for comcast so maybe i'll be good then.  I only ever run one at a time as well, I just made the derp move of logging in on my main acc on the PC rather than just on my cell phone.  I'll have to try that uninstall completely from the cell and hope for the best is what it sounds like though.  Tried playing with a VPN as well with no luck either.

reeve0110

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 08:07:03 PM »
        Well that worked out, uninstalled it from the cell phone and used pure 3/4g data.  Logged on the PC and was able to continue to bump my main Acc's GB.  Thanks again!

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 05:40:44 AM »
        No Problem. Glad it worked out.  ;D