Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: executable corrupted message after downloads  (Read 5486 times)

Channel

executable corrupted message after downloads
« on: August 07, 2004, 05:17:32 AM »
Having downloaded updates/patches, in recent case Lusetup.exe for Norton's LiveUpdate, but previously for other items,I get the error message on trying to run it "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked.The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted.Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity and try again " So I've deleted it and tried again with the same result. I had closed all open programs before the download. Previously I've just left it and done nothing more, but with Norton I need to update my virus definitions.I can find nothing on Symantec's site to help, other than general advice on Liveupdate errors. I suppose I'll have to delete the settings, and perhaps the program.I have Windows 98SE and NAV 2003.Perhaps someone can advise.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2004, 05:19:23 AM by Channel »

Raptor

Re: executable corrupted message after downloads
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 06:58:20 AM »
If I understand you correctly, you are attempting to update Norton manually?

Has your license expired? If you can no longer update, it may be because your license has expired and you will have to order a new one. This can be done on the Symantec website or by using Norton. It should notify you when your license is expired, though.

I suggest you uninstall and reinstall Norton if your Liveupdate no longer functions rather than trying to update it manually.

2k dummy

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 09:15:45 AM »
Try using Intelligent updater instead.

Channel

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 11:07:53 AM »
Thanks. I was trying to update manually as I had a message that my virus definitions weren't up to date; ie the automatic update wasn't working.But the manual update didn't work either,I got message that it failed due to internal error.I followed Norton's instructions, hence downloading Lusetup.I've now uninstalled all my Norton programs, reinstalled NAV, and as I write, Liveupdate is working- but the manual one didn't finish getting definitions due to an error.So I'll try downloading Lusetup again.Here's hoping it will work this time, tho' I'm not confident.