Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Only 4.0 Bluetooth cuts off older is fine  (Read 15834 times)

tymal77

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Only 4.0 Bluetooth cuts off older is fine
    « on: March 12, 2019, 11:27:31 AM »
    I have 2 PCs one with built-in Bluetooth and 4 different Bluetooth dongles but was able to test 2. I have this single CSR8510 A10 chipset 4.0 dongle and I have used it for 2 years for PS3 controller usage. Now I decided to buy an XBOX controller and started using the CSR8510 A10 dongle. Problem is Bluetooth cuts off when music is connected to it. I haven't tested with the controller alone but when only music is connected or when music plus controller is connected the Bluetooth drops and then restarts. The controller is able to reconnect but the Bluetooth music thing isn't that smart. It connects but Windows doesn't realize it is a sound device. Lastly, I remember using those other 2 dongles and one didn't work at all and the other one cut the music way frequent than the current one. What should I do? I don't have problems with the old dongle, however, the new one causes a lot of problems with this music receiver. Should I get a new dongle or a new receiver? I tested the same faulty CSR8510 A10 dongle with my other PC and it also cut off after an hour or so.

Only when I use CSR8510 A10 4.0 dongle it cuts off.

Also after an update, not sure which, Bluetooth audio stopped going under 6 per cent. Before I could easily listen to stuff in 2 per cent volume for instance. Now it just mutes. This happened in the update when they added beeping sounds to volume adjustments.

tymal77

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Only 4.0 Bluetooth cuts off older is fine
      « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:09:22 AM »
      I have 2 PCs one with built-in Bluetooth and 4 different Bluetooth dongles but was able to test 2. I have this single CSR8510 A10 chipset 4.0 dongle and I have used it for 2 years for PS3 controller usage. Now I decided to buy an XBOX controller and started using the CSR8510 A10 dongle. Problem is Bluetooth cuts off when music is connected to it. I haven't tested free netflix tech news android 9 with the controller alone but when only music is connected or when music plus controller is connected the Bluetooth drops and then restarts. The controller is able to reconnect but the Bluetooth music thing isn't that smart. It connects but Windows doesn't realize it is a sound device. Lastly, I remember using those other 2 dongles and one didn't work at all and the other one cut the music way frequent than the current one. What should I do? I don't have problems with the old dongle, however, the new one causes a lot of problems with this music receiver. Should I get a new dongle or a new receiver? I tested the same faulty CSR8510 A10 dongle with my other PC and it also cut off after an hour or so.

Only when I use CSR8510 A10 4.0 dongle it cuts off.

Also after an update, not sure which, Bluetooth audio stopped going under 6 per cent. Before I could easily listen to stuff in 2 per cent volume for instance. Now it just mutes. This happened in the update when they added beeping sounds to volume adjustments.
      _______________________________________ _______________________________________ _______________________________________ ____
      Any updates?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      Re: Only 4.0 Bluetooth cuts off older is fine
      « Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 02:21:08 AM »
      I have been reading over you posts number of times.
      I can not understand what you want to do.
      Bluetooth, like other wireless devices,is subject to failure.Often Bluetooth is used at short range and for things that are not critical. Bluetooth devices and and do interfere with each other.

It is not clear is you are using an XBOX or a PC. Or both?

Here is a recent article that might help.It is about using Apple computer with a Bluetooth. But the concepts apply also to a PC.

Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

Wireless interference can cause Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices to disconnect or perform poorly, but you can take steps to reduce or overcome it.
      Avoid physical obstructions in the path of your wireless signal. For example, a metal surface between your Bluetooth mouse and computer could cause the mouse to perform poorly, and a metal-reinforced concrete floor between your Wi-Fi router and Wi-Fi device could cause poor Wi-Fi performance.
      You may need to replace all your Bluetooth devices and revise all other things tat can cause interference. This can include even things that are not wireless. Such as a printer, a camera, a USB mouse and other things. Example: Some CPAC machines, a medical device, generate horrific electrical and radio  noise.
      (This has been documented.)
      « Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:37:42 AM by Geek-9pm »