Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Linksys WRT 1900 ACS with Express VPN missing some features  (Read 3050 times)

zillah

Topic Starter

Beginner

Linksys WRT 1900 ACS with Express VPN missing some features
    « on: March 08, 2019, 02:33:34 PM »
    Dear Experts

I am using Express VPN on my Linksys WRT 1900 ACS to access US Netflix from New Zealand ,,,, and I have to install their firmware

Not all VPN providers can provide access to US Netflix

Not all devices at home are going via VPN traffic only my Roku TV box

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/

Couple of features disabled when I installed VPN Express firmware one of them like :

1- Parental Controls

https://www.askdavetaylor.com/enable-parental-controls-linksys-wi-fi-router/

2- Port forwarding (using that to access my security cameras when I am outside)

Without disabling the Express VPN What suggestion can be done to keep those features as I need them ?Using additional router ?

Thanks

Note : My linksys router WRT 1900 ACS is compatible with DD-WRT firmware

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Linksys WRT 1900 ACS with Express VPN missing some features
    « Reply #1 on: March 08, 2019, 04:19:49 PM »
    First of all,I am not a router expert. But I get the drift of want you want.
    The router you have is popular and does the job for a lot of people.

If getting Netflix over VPN is you priority, then you need to  talk to the VPN people.
    Virtual private network - Wikipedia

What you want might be unlawful in some places. If so, this forum can not help you.
    Is using VPN to watch Netflix illegal?
    Using a VPN is not illegal. Downloading illegal content is. Illegal content is still illegal content at the end of the day. If you are using a VPN and downloading illegal content, then that is illegal, but it's not the use of a VPN that is illegal. -Google search.

That is like saying it is not wrong to put the forbidden food in your mouth, just don't chew or shallow.  ::)