Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Choosing a router with company support and VPN?  (Read 2533 times)

Janis

Topic Starter

Beginner

Choosing a router with company support and VPN?
    « on: March 19, 2019, 12:53:28 PM »
    I had a NetGear N750 which lasted about 14months.   (a gift)   Now I need to purchase a replacement and feel totally lost.  A basic router for a small home but should have   VPN.   Reading reviews  I shudder at the number of companies with zero company support.  >:((Experienced that when trying to contact Netgear)  Does Linksys have a basic router with VPN (under 125.00)  They seem to have a better perspective on customer support.  Any suggestions to search for would be greatly appreciated.   ???

resort_2_walk

• Experience: Experienced
      Re: Choosing a router with company support and VPN?
      « Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 01:00:25 PM »
      It's very unlikely that any large hardware manufacturer is going to provide free (useful) telephone support in this day and age i'm afraid.

Overwhelmingly likely that you'll be directed to online self-help portals to resolve and teething problems.

With that in mind, i'd be inclined to go with the recommended choice from Amazon that meets your price point and assume the support will be the same across the board.