Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Freezing ... various errors .. gpu / driver related  (Read 8017 times)

GeneralJuicy

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    PC Freezing ... various errors .. gpu / driver related
    « on: March 31, 2019, 04:33:04 AM »
    Hi all, for months now I've been having an issue with my system, and have now decided to starting thinking about seeking refuge on all pc troubleshooting forums

Firstly, let me begin with my system specs (i built my system, its about 1.5 years old now, all new parts):

CPU: i5 - 7500

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

GPU DRIVER VERSION: 419.67

MOBO: Asus ROG Strix B250F Gaming

RAM: 2 * 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHZ

PSU: BeQuiet! Pure Power 10 (600W)

MONITOR: AOC G2460V @ 75 Hz , 1080P

So some context on the issue ...

My PC will freeze at least once per use time, in which I am forced to force shutdown the system. This can be when playing games, but this mainly occurs whilst browsing the web and doing anything else (i really hope it doesnt crash whilst im typing this, better cntrl c cntrl v into notepad real quick.). Anyway, just before the computer freezes, my system will go into a complete slow down, like everything is running at 1fps, like moving my cursor on screen is very slow, and after a few seconds of this the system just freezes and I have to hard reboot. In rare instances, once the system has froze, i can hear a loud buzzing noise coming from my headphones, and in extremely rare cases the system will come back to life and resume as normal.

Once I have hard rebooted I always go check event viewer, and i always get 1 of / or even all of the following errors :

- display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. (not too often, only get this if the display freezes but then recovers)

- The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID  {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID  {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}   (THIS IS SPAMMED THROUGHOUT EVENT VIEWER AND I GET MULTIPLE OF THESE MINUTES BEFORE THE CRASH)

- Application " ... " has been blocked from accessing the graphics hardware.

- I also get this error, however i dont think its the cause (The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_05AC&PID_12A7\fa40e6584547cdb825c02fe637bd4eba85821f25.)

WHAT I'VE TRIED :

- wiping display drivers (with ddu) and downgrading to driver 397.93 as suggested by a known member on the nvidia forums  (find post here: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1101770/geforce-drivers/pc-freezing-various-error-codes/)

- set tdr delay in the registry

- run memtest ---- memory fine

- turn "link state power management" in power options to off
    - set gpu to "prefer maximum performance" in nvidia control panel
    - have run the system file check and chkdsk commands in cmd no violations
    - set power plan to high performance

I've probably tried several other things that i just cant remember. I want to try to avoid having to reinstall windows, but if there is no other solutions then i suppose i will have to ; ((

Anyway, thats about it. Hopefully someone can lend a hand, i'd really appreciate it.

Cheers

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PC Freezing ... various errors .. gpu / driver related
    « Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 12:17:41 PM »
    I'd check the hard drive or SSD health. Or if you have a spare drive available. Swap out the drive and build fresh to that and load up the same drivers and see if this corrects it.

Hard drives and SSD's use virtual memory to assist the RAM and if you have a drive that is acting up it can cause issues like you have.