Internet & Networking > Web design

Html headache, please help

(1/2) > >>

Adam Josiah:
Can anyone tell me if there's a way to "name" your browser window when making a website? (note that I'm not reffering to the title)

When you click a link on my website a popup comes up with a bunch more links on it. When you click a link in the popup, I want the linked page to show up in the original window that the popup came from, and the popup to remain there. Kind of like a detached navigation bar.

I figured if I could name the window, I could use  <target="name"> to do what I want, but I don't know how or even if this can be done. Can anyone help?

robertmillar:
target="self"

Adam Josiah:
Sorry, I meant I want it to target the original window, target=self would make the link appear in the popup.

SKy:
Hi Adam Josiah,

I tried to do the same thing before, but could not get it done.

I have not seen it done in any other website as well, thus I strongly believe that it cannot be done in html. Maybe advance javascripting is needed, but I just couldn't control the original window from the new pop-up window.

I suggest you to look for alternatives.

robertmillar:
Don't think it can be done with HTML.  If there is a way to do it, I think it will be listed somewhere on this Site:

http://www.w3schools.com/default.asp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version