Software > Internet browsers

Utterly Frustrated

(1/4) > >>

Danni4:
I am trying to set Flash to click to play.

Everything I find on the topic gives a set of instructions but I cannot find any of the stuff they say to access or click on.

Currently, it is set to "ask first" but I still can't enable flash because something pops up in the search bar saying "extension blocked" - I don't know what this is that is blocking it - it wasn't there previously.

I thought that it may be just an issue with chrome but I can't get flash to play in Firefox or Opera either - although they don't have the little thing saying "extension blocked".

Can somebody give me some steps to follow that are actually in Chrome settings or wherever I might need to access them- instead of telling me things that aren't there?

Also, does anyone have any idea what it is that might be blocking the extensions and how I get rid of it because it never used to be there?

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Gaming Laptop and yes - everything is updated and I clear my cache regularly.

patio:
What protection apps do you have and when's the last time you updated and ran scans ? ?

Danni4:
By protection apps I'm assuming you mean virus protection?
I was running Trend Micro but at the moment only the standard Windows Defender.

I wish to add that when I click on the little thing that pops out that says it's blocking Flash there's an option to "Allow Flash this time" but when I click to allow nothing happens.

I should also add that all settings and flags in Chrome are set to allow Flash. Plus I have the sites I'm trying to use Flash on whitelisted in the settings.

Lisa_maree:
Hi

Please check if you have KB4489907 update installed if you do try un installing it , power down and restart windows and see if flash is working.

Here is the link with information about this update
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/ScopedViewInline.aspx?updateid=b048d1bf-4d19-4793-a18d-1d4bd8c094fb

If Flash starts working then you still need the update. So re install the update and then re install flash.

Danni4:
Ok I've done that and I've reinstalled Flash.

I still have the same issue - the little thing that pops out from the search bar blocking it. I don't know if it helps anyone to recognize what it is but it has a little icon that looks like a jigsaw puzzle piece.

To add re Trend Micro - I really liked it but I didn't renew because it's quite expensive and I don't have the money for it at this time - so if someone could suggest a cheaper - or even free - alternative that would be great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version