Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I reseted router and dont have computer for solving the set up  (Read 2694 times)

WizieCZ

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    Hi guys, i accidentally reseter WiFi router a week ago. I might be able to solve this but i lost my laptop tho and the only thing i have IS my android phone.. I tryed to somehow connect to router and i renamed WiFi, choosed psw and so on.. But it says theres no internet connection when i connect to IT..  I might be dumb but please can someone tell me what to do step by step? 😊😳

(also excuse my english im Czech)

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: I reseted router and dont have computer for solving the set up
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 07:21:19 AM »
    WizieCZ,
    This forum can help you. Burt you must provide more derail.
    Make and model of the router?
    What kind of smartphone or computer do you have?

Many routers have the reset default details printed on a label underneath the router.
    Example:
    If your router is a D-link, it might be this model:

Here is the web site that explains how to get control of that model:

Resetting your D-Link DI-624 router to the factory settings
    If you have forgotten your router's user name or password, you must reset the router to the factory settings to access the configuration utility. You can't update any security settings unless you know the user name and password and can access the router's configuration utility.
        Note: Resetting your D-Link router clears all of your home networking settings.
    To reset your D-Link router:
        With the power on (Power LED on front panel should be lit green), use the pointed end of a paper clip to press and hold the Reset button for 10 second
    The above is from a service in the USA. In other countries the details might differ much. So,we need more detail about your router model number.

We want to help.  :)

Lisa_maree

Mentor
    • My first real computer
      • Yes
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: I reseted router and dont have computer for solving the set up
    « Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 07:03:39 PM »
    Hi WizieCZ

You will need the ip address for the Wan port which you can get from the company who supplies your internet  connection, until you get the correct number you won't be able to get an internet connection. 
    You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
    ― John Bunyan