Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Need help with HP Notebook PC  (Read 2716 times)

19ana89

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
Need help with HP Notebook PC
« on: March 28, 2019, 03:12:33 PM »
So, my sister wanted me to fix her HP notebook laptop. It was Windows 10. I can't fix it. It started as not able to click on the icons, or access the start menu. I tried to do a restore, (maybe it was an update) didn't work, among other things under the troubleshoot menu. Nothing was working, it kept saying "failed." So as a last resort, I tried to reset the PC. Still said it failed, so everything was as the same. Suddenly, I got a black screen saying "boot device not found lease install an operating system on your hard drive."

I've hit the F2 key and did a hard drive check, the quick one says that the SMART Check passed, but the short DST failed. Then on the extensive one, I get the same information. SMART: Passed Long DST failed.

I don't know what to do now. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 04:02:07 PM by 19ana89 »
"Ones who flaunt their power disappear when the truly powerful appear." - Rose The Legend of Dragoon

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Need help with HP Notebook PC
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 04:47:35 PM »
Replace the HDD and do a clean install of Windows...save any data from the old drive before it gets worse.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "