Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"  (Read 11900 times)

SarahStar

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"
    « on: March 30, 2019, 12:06:49 AM »
    So, my grandma screwed up her laptop. It won't boot properly, and the error is apparently as the title says. I already tried booting in safe mode, some tech guy on Youtube got me fiddling with the registry, and nothing I've tried has worked. And, of course, she never made any system restore points, because why would she!? That would be too easy! I tried to reinstall and keep her files, but that wouldn't even start up. It just says there's a problem resetting the PC. She royally screwed the thing up. I don't even know what she did. As far as I know, all she ever used it for was doing her taxes and printing off sewing patterns, so I don't know what she did. Please help!!

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE"
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 04:01:49 AM »
    You know what? Less about your grandmother and more about the problem.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 08:40:52 AM »
    I tried to reinstall and keep her files, but that wouldn't even start up. It just says there's a problem resetting the PC.

What were you using to reinstall the system? ( Using the System Recovery Media that came with the computer or some other way... please describe. )

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 12:08:15 PM »
    Go to the website of the HD manufacturer, download their diagnostic utility, burn it to cd, boot to it and run it.