Software > BSD, Linux, and Unix

PuTTy / Telnet / Linux Help Needed

(1/2) > >>

TOWERSIGNALS:
I need some help with a Telnet / Linux LAN project in the Little Rock, Arkansas or the Springfield, MO. area. Should be an hour or less for someone who's familiar with PuTTy, Linux and Unix commands. I'm trying to learn but don't want to turn my server device into a "brick". PuTTY seems to be the program recommended by others to connect my client laptop to the Unix device. Send an email if you're in the area and we can go from there. Thanks.

DaveLembke:
What does a spectrum analyzer picture have to do with your request for help?

Salmon Trout:

--- Quote from: TOWERSIGNALS on April 05, 2019, 09:44:58 AM ---Should be an hour or less for someone who's familiar with PuTTy, Linux and Unix commands.
--- End quote ---

When I repaired colour TVs (color if you prefer) in the 1980s, there were people who got to hear of that, and they would come up to me in the bar I went to, and say "could you fix my TV? It won't take you more than half an hour, I'll give you a pack of cigarettes for doing it (or buy you a beer!). Funny how I used to be very busy and couldn't quite fit them in. They would be offering me a lower pay rate than someone who cleaned dookie off toilets in a mall.

To the OP - I'd love to come to Little Rock (well, actually I wouldn't) and fix your project, but I am 4,375 miles away.

TOWERSIGNALS:
The spectrum analyzer is actually the Linux/Unix device. There have been problems with firmware upgrades and some owners suggest saving the original files before any upgrades. I downloaded some tutorials on Linux today so I can learn some of the command line syntax - if that's the right term. Finding a Linux users club here in the area is the next step I suppose.

Salmon Trout:
You could try asking the questions you want answered (e.g. how do I do [whatever]?" We can try to work with you. You see, this is a public forum where we answer queries online.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version