Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to automate upload single file to my domain?  (Read 2992 times)

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

How to automate upload single file to my domain?
    « on: April 20, 2019, 04:21:05 PM »
    Hi!

I was using uploading file to OneDrive periodically by Task Scheduler and commands in BAT file.

Is possible to upload file to my domain (using FTP) by BAT commands file?

Thank you for explaining.
    Miro

Salmon Trout

Re: How to automate upload single file to my domain?
    « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 02:37:12 AM »
    What have you already tried?

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 04:20:49 PM »
      Yet only simple copy to OneDrive on computer.
      Nothing more.

Miro

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 05:00:08 PM »
      I mean, what have you researched, and tried, with the Windows FTP command?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
      • Geek After Dark
        • Gekk9pm bnlog
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 09:37:29 PM »
      For reference, here are CH articles about Upload Files.
      https://www.computerhope.com/search2.htm?q=firel%20upload
      (Ignore the ads placed by Google.)

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 01:46:03 PM »
        Lot of, but any easiest way?

Miro

DaveLembke

Sage
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 02:09:53 PM »
        I have automated keyboard/mouse controls into a macro that is an EXE that can trigger as a scheduled event for stuff like this. But the software to do it costs money. There are some keyboard/mouse macro creators out there that are free, but I haven't had any good luck with the free ones. I use Jitbit Macro Recorder which allows me to record keyboard/mouse actions and create stand alone compiled macros as EXE's that can be called by scheduled task or batched instructions. It also has a very good editor that allows you to create macros without recording the process if you want to create something from scratch without running it on the system to create it.

The cool thing with the Jitbit software is that I bought it over 10 years ago and when I went to use the older version on a newer computer I ran into an issue with Windows 10 and the old version. Vlad at support once I sent him a copy of my original purchase invoice sent me a link to the newest version of it and a new key that would work with the latest version which worked flawless with Windows 10. So their support is really good for the fact that I had assistance by e-mail quickly when proving that I bought the software in the past.

In addition to automated stuff like what your trying to do, I have also used it to automate redundant boring processes of games where I don't need to grind it out, I can set my computer to grind it out for me while I sleep etc. Some games will ban you for doing that, but you have to get caught to get banned from automated farming in games.  ;D ::)

Only games like World of Warcraft etc have memory sniffers for automated keyboard and mouse controls. Using it with WoW would pretty quickly get you banned when the sniffer picks up on the macro. I haven't tested this as for I don't want to be banned, but I am aware of what they have running in the background to keep the game as bot free as possible.

MIRKOSOFT

Topic Starter

Hopeful

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2019, 04:04:24 PM »
          Really macro automation like you described I need not.
          In that case I'm using AutoHotKey scripting which is even free with much more functions incl. keyboard mapping...

I need simply create BAT which uploads file and I schedule it in Windows Task Scheduler.
          Nothing more.
          But I'm not friendly with FTP command in command line and need simple explaining what I do with switches and what it can control.

Miro