Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stuck at login screen after updating Windows  (Read 9102 times)

robertomorelli

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
Stuck at login screen after updating Windows
« on: April 28, 2019, 01:03:59 PM »
Ok, let me explain my issue.I just got a brand new SSD Drive for my Laptop HP ProBook 4540s and i performed a fresh install of Windows 10. Everything was ok untill windows updates.I downloaded all the updates available and restarted to finish installing them. And boom, i am now stuck at the logon screen.
What should i do, uninstall windows updates? If so ,how?

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Stuck at login screen after updating Windows
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2019, 08:37:30 PM »
I am thinking that possibly the update blew away your network connection and you dont have a offline password created.

Did you set this computer up with a offline/local password or does it require you to authenticate with Microsoft to logon using an account you created with Microsoft which is the default?

robertomorelli

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 04:29:38 AM »
No, none of that, i haven't set any offline/local password.

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 03:53:08 PM »

You could use the recovery options described here https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-10.
Like system restore back before the update.

Also with your HP make sure you disable HP 3D DriveGuard having it turned on can cause ssd corruption. The Laptop has a G sensor to turn the hard drive off immediately there is  laptop movement. Removing power on an ssd may corrupt data.

You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan