Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Horizontal scroll bar in Chrome  (Read 8146 times)

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • Experience: Familiar
    Horizontal scroll bar in Chrome
    « on: May 02, 2019, 11:25:08 PM »
    The horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the screen is barely visible. This usually happens when changing the magnification of the screen. Some of the pages I go to are that way even with a setting of 100%. Is there any way to change it? I've messed with the resolutions but it doesn't help.

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
      Re: Horizontal scroll bar in Chrome
      « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 07:22:12 AM »
      I found this from searching and it says to add the Windows 7 extension. I can't see any harm in trying but thought I'd ask for some input from you guys. It seems anytime I change things in chrome, I lose my 25 plus thumbnails of links I have saved in speed-dial.

https://www.ghacks.net/2014/01/18/restore-scroll-bar-arrows-google-chrome/
       PS: I found an interesting article on the hiding of scroll bars period. That would be cool but my clicking the wheel which used to place a + sign on the screen and you could move your mouse up, down or sideways and the screen would follow doesn't work anymore. What's up with that?
      https://www.questioncage.com/hide-scrollbar-in-google-chrome/

jbubb

Topic Starter

Intermediate
        Re: Horizontal scroll bar in Chrome
        « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2019, 11:10:37 PM »
        OK, I'm not getting any help, either I've asked a stupid question, not a very important question or no one has an answer. I have two computers that have Windows 10, one mouse which is a USB allows using a wheel click to place a + sign inside a circle and when you move the mouse the page scrolls. The other has a wireless and won't. All settings are the same. Could that be the answer? I'll find out in a minute.

The answer is yes, the USB mouse has the + in a circle and when the wheel is clicked, the page will follow the movement of the mouse and the wireless won't. PERSEVERANCE RULES!