Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Youtube Problem  (Read 2998 times)

core1985

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I am lecturer in physics
  • Experience: Experienced
Youtube Problem
« on: May 04, 2019, 06:05:00 AM »
Hello
Please guide me in this. Let say I am making youtube lectures related to physics and i have background noises like bikes and birds etc but people can hear my voice easily so, it is ok with audience or i must have a silent office room for that ?? need expert advice

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Youtube Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 03:34:04 PM »
As long as its just light background noise it shouldnt be a problem, but if your competing for your voice to be louder than your background then it could be annoying for both you and the viewer. However if you had a field trip lecture where you were at a lab that had lots of noisy equipment then that sound adds to the experience vs silence of a lab and just your voice.

I was an instructor for a couple years at a job and having to talk over the noise was annoying to both me and my guests. So I changed it to showing them the environment which is loud so they could see the automation working, and then back in the conference room I was able to instruct and answer questions without having to yell to them.

There are also ways to take a recorded video and edit the audio to remove or add in audio, however its best to record it live if you can without having to do so much editing to clean it up when possible.

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Youtube Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 07:28:53 AM »
I refer you to the answer I gave on your other thread asking a very similar question here: https://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,172817.msg990415.html#msg990415.  The solution is always to record in as quiet as an environment as you can.  Ideally in a room on your own and avoid things like leaving a window to a busy street open.  Outside of this you'd want to try to record using a decent microphone close to you to improve the ratio between your voice and the background noise.  A small amount of noise in the background is usually okay but as soon as it becomes distracting over your voice, people will start to get annoyed.

As Dave said it depends a lot on what the background noise is, if you're in a lab doing live work in front of the camera or in a lecture theatre full of students, some background noise is expected however if it's something like a slideshow/screen recording with narration then background noise can be pretty unexpected and distracting.